Thursday, August 30, 2012

UPDATE!

I apologize that I've been absent for the past two weeks or so. Things have been pretty hectic lately.

HOWEVER, I have exciting news! On October 21st, I will be running the Rock & Roll St. Louis Half Marathon. While I have ambitious goals to PR, I really just can't wait to run another race. The energy and excitement around race day just makes me so happy :). That being said, the next two months will revolve around running fast and shorter distances. I hope to make it out to my school's track (hopefully the track kids don't intimidate me too much...) and bust out some speedy intervals.

My running for the past week since I got back to school has been pretty inconsistent. I forgot how hot and humid it gets in St. Louis... note to self, never move away from California. I successfully completed a 10 mile run my first day here, but that's because I ran early in the morning. Late afternoon runs here are impossible. With temperatures reaching the high 80's, I struggled to keep my pace and had to stop multiple times at water fountains in the past few days. Next week marks the start of my half-marathon training plan so I hope to get my water/heat problem sorted out before then. I'm thinking that I might have to get a fuel belt for the first time...

Stay tuned for a more thorough update tomorrow! I don't have classes on Fridays so I'm hoping to wake up early for a long run of 14-16 miles or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment