Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Confidence Boosting Long Run

I left my house around 7:30 this morning to embark on my final long run before the SF Marathon. Surprisingly, this run felt GREAT. During my last 20 miler, I ended up walking/running the final 7 miles due to dehydration and exhaustion. I gave up at mile 13 on my last 16 miler....

Not today. I was determined to finish strong and was prepared to mentally grind through the pain. Miraculously, however, I never felt winded and actually had to make myself slow down. I ran a little over 20 miles at an average pace of 8:35. Now I feel both mentally and physically ready for the marathon! Bring it, SF. :)


Today's Stats. I didn't end up taking any Gus simply because I didn't need any. I had a sip of water at mile 6 and grabbed my water bottle at mile 12.



No comments:

Post a Comment